SEE OUR WEDDING PACKAGES
For Czech Republic
- The Czech Republic is the most castle-rich country in Europe.
- Czech people invented contact lenses, sugar cubes, and a word robot.
- Famous people born in the Czech Republic include: Martina Navratilova and Ivan Lendl (tennis pros), Milos Forman (film director), Sigmund Freud (psychologist), Oskar Schindler (of Schindler’s List fame) and Petra Nemcova (supermodel).
- During Easter in the Czech Republic, the women can be spanked on the backside with a willow whip and the men are purred with cold water because of that. This is a part of the fertility rites in which Czechs still strongly believe.
- On 1st of May is another fertility rite, when the menfolk grab their womenfolk for a smooch under the cherry blossom trees before heading to the pub.
- After the wedding ceremony, the friends of the groom hang a rope decorated by flowers, ribbons, and empty bottles. The groom has to pay his friends in order to pass through the rope and pay himself out of the sins of his youth. Throwing rice at the newlyweds was a way to ensure fertility.
- The other guests are throwing rice at the newlyweds after the ceremony for fertility.
- Before the reception of the wedding to start someone in the wedding party or the owner of the restaurant breaks a plate at the feet of the bride and groom for a good luck. After that, the newlyweds have to clean together to ensure happiness and show a willingness to work together.
- At the beginning of the party in the restaurant, the couple has to eat a soup together with one spoon. This again is a symbol that the new family can work together.
- During the wedding party, the groomsmen kidnap the bride and the groom has to find her for a concrete period of time. Otherwise, he has to buy her back to symbolise the fact that he has promised to care for and protect her.